View Single Post
Old 27th June 2015, 01:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I appreciate The Sopranos more than I enjoy it, but then I've never been a huge fan of the gangster genre. Brilliantly written and performed though.

I loved The Wire and I consider Six Feet Under to be one of the best show ever broadcast. The only reason I don't watch it more often is because it turns me into an emotional wreck, especially that finale. I haven't seen it for years but remember every frame. Arguably one of the greatest finales.
I love gangster films, so I love The Sopranos and know so much of it word for word. Although I have all the DVDs, it's something I'm likely to upgrade to Blu-ray at some point, especially if there are new extra features. The final episode was extremely polarising, but I was in the camp that thought it was a perfect ending and a brilliant piece of television.

Another boxset I will need to buy will be Boardwalk Empire as I have only seen the first season, which I thought was amongst the best television I've ever seen, so will wait until the Blu-ray set drops in price a bit and then, as I did with Battlestar Galactica, by it and watch it in one go. Actually, that's another show which is longer overdue another viewing.

So much TV, so little time!