View Single Post
Old 8th July 2015, 08:02 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default A few 'confessions' from me:

- Dawn of the Dead is nothing more than a pretty decent zombie film but not the pant-moistening masterpiece that people tout it as.
- Most of the Elm Street films are awful... the Friday the 13th films are generally uninspired and I actually find to be rather boring except Jason X which is the best in the franchise from a purely entertainment point of view.
- I'd rather watch any of the Hellraiser sequels than most of sequels to the above franchises.
- The Chucky films are terrible.
- I rate Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers higher than Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.
- Shaun of the Dead is one of the worst comedy horror films ever made.
- I have never seen a Wes Anderson film.
- I have seen pretty much every animated feature-length Disney film (many of them multiple times) yet dislike a vast chunk of them quite a lot.
- I dislike The Sound of Music (and musicals in general really) so much that I once faked illness so I wouldn't have to go to school that day as our class were going to be watching it.
- I have seen Jaws: The Revenge probably twice as many times as the original Jaws.
- I've seen Labyrinth more times than I care to count.
- I once paid to go and see The Last Samurai three times in one day due to having organised three separate dates on that one day so I would only need to make one trip into town that week.
- I have only seen one Studio Ghibli film (Grave of the Fireflies) and thought it was rubbish
SPOILER:
I was actually glad the annoying little kid died too, so was pretty underwhelmed by the whole 'this film is so sad' mantra that had been chanted around before I went into it.