View Single Post
Old 13th July 2015, 07:37 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Saw Intruder last night. I've seen this before, but it must be 20 years or more! This campy late 80s slasher sees the night shift at a closing-down supermarket come under attack from a mysterious lunatic. I vaguely remember this, but I didn't remember it being as totally tongue-in-cheek as it was. By the last 20 minutes I was laughing my head off at it. Spectacularly gory but so deeply dippy I found it impossible not to love. I found the music equally hilarious (presumably unintentionally, unless it was some sort of incredibly obscure metatextual joke) as the great majority of it was exactly the same as the "dramatic/exciting/spooky" music they used to use in 80s Aussie soap Sons and Daughters. I found this at first incredibly distracting and then eventually hugely amusing in its own right.
This was a really silly movie but I had a great time with it. I love the bit where the killer pauses in pursuit of his final victim to pick up a couple of items on the floor in the supermarket in order to put them back on the shelf!
I saw this as part of a double bill with Zombie Flesh Eaters at the GFT which, I think, was organised by Calum Waddell. It was brilliant to watch it with so many like minded individuals, laughing at the same moments (some of which you identified).

It's been a while since I watched it at home but, even though I really enjoyed it, it isn't the same as with a large audience in a fairly big venue.