View Single Post
Old 28th October 2009, 01:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Young Frankenstein
I think this is just starting to overtake This is Spinal Tap as the funniest film ever. I'm getting to the stage where I can quote this movie way too much.
Gene Wilder in this is probably the funniest performance ever.

And in contrast...
Night of the Bloody Apes
Salvation films 'uncut' edition. How can a company get away with advertising an uncut edition of a film which has about 6 mins trimmed from the uncut edition. It even lists it as 84 mins when it runs at about 78mins.
Anyway I know I should have checked this out before but I trusted what I read on the cover.
The cuts are horrible too. I assume the editor was a blind panda bear with a sissors.
As for the film(of what was left) it was hilarious. One of those so bad it's good movies which I will have to get uncut. I read the redemption edition is intact.
Some of the dubbing is ridiculous, the guy with the english/irish/scottish accent is the best.
Loved the scene at the park when the police cars and ambulance arrive and none of them put the handbrake on so the cars roll.
And the square piece of fake grass that gets dragged off to reveal the studio floor.
And the female wrestling!! The body double's arse is twice the size of the actress.