View Single Post
Old 25th August 2015, 11:35 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post

FLESH FOR THE BEAST – Another one I hadn't seen for a while. 'Flesh For The Beast' doesn't have a very good rep (or much of any kind of rep, really), but I thought it delivered. Delivered what, though? Well, it's kind of trashy, and kind of lame – a bunch of 'paranormal investigators' (yawn already) snoop around in a house where something bad happened. There are three sisterly looking young women around who turn out to be demons or etc etc, and blood is spilled. 'Flesh For The Beast' predates somewhat the mid-noughties thing for grindhouse affectation, so the film is deliberately scuzzed up with superposed crackles and grain. Surprisingly this seems to work rather well, and gives the whole thing the murkily oppressive edge of a knackered 16mm relic from the early eighties. There's also an abundance of gore and bad nudity and a few blurts of hysteria such as a shag / stabbing surrounded by demented close ups of the faces of toys and dolls woooohhh. The bit with the demonesses cavorting nekkid amongst some dudes entrails was also quite erm heightened. 'Flesh For The Beast' – a wretched piece of spew which I'd welcome back any day.
I really like Flesh for the Beast and agree with everything you say Frankie.

I've got two copies of it and both are different. It's not that either are cut but they are seemingly filmed from different camera angles.