View Single Post
Old 21st September 2015, 06:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Contracted Phase II

Frankie's excellent review in the last 48 hrs tells you all you need to know about the original and I agree fully with his fantastic synopsis..Then comes this sequel. I will be honest I wasn't a huge fan of the original so wasn't expecting much with the follow up.

I am pleased to say I was proved wrong the sequel is much better than the original in that not only does it put it's foot on the accelerator on both pacing and gore,but it explains more about the origin of the disease,what the disease is and why the man from the original is doing it. This is a full on Body Horror which pulls no punches like the original.

After the opening of an autopsy on the girl from the original The Guy (Riley) from the original is followed in this sequel as he now goes from the stages of this disease and passes it on like wildfire. In this sequel the virus mutates so that it isn't passed on by just sex but even a (non sexual) kiss and becomes an epidemic. It appears basically the virus Decomposes you whilst still alive until eventually you do die. The film also has 2 scenes which are an obvious appreciative Nod to a scene in Peter Jackson's fantastic Braindead/Dead Alive & another which is a cheeky wink at a scene from 1988's Slugs. Do not eat an hour either side of this film 8/10

Cooties

The infections continue but in a much more lighthearted way in this Horror comedy about a horde of ankle biters who's brains decompose turning them into mindless raging zombies who tear adults apart after eating some dodgy chicken nuggets. It is great fun with a few Un-Pc risky jokes about some controversial subjects like 9/11,Paedophiles & Coloured people... although this is fun and I think it deserves a watch, It is not a film I personally would watch more than the once. 6/10

Lessons of Evil

A Teacher isn't the wonderful person his pupils think he is,he shags his students,Blackmails his colleagues, he also has a misfortunate habit of being a psychotic mass murderer too. Enjoyable J-Horror with a brutal full on Massacre filling up the entire last half hour or so. The second Jap film I've watched this week with a character called wherther (that's a wherther original) 7/10

Door Into Silence

John Savage drives around in circles for the entire duration of the film,occasionally speaking to people like construction workers & undertakers trying to establish who they all are and who's corpse is in the back of the hearse. I enjoyed this years ago but on revisit I found it rather boring. It's more or less a drive around Motorways & country roads without costing you any petrol money! 4/10