View Single Post
Old 5th October 2015, 03:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Continuing my October horrorfest I watched...

Detention

Hmm, I don't know what to think about this one, it's kind of a horror slash teen movie slash time travelling sci-fi slash knowing meta-pisstake. It easily has the worst opening 15 mins of any film I've watched recently, I almost turned it off, but I persevered because I had an exact time slot before This Is England started and I'd already wasted 15 minutes of it

Anyway, it's not as bad as the opening would have you believe, it in fact had some moments of sheer genius. In particular a moment so meta the cast of the film watched a movie which in turn watched a movie which in turn watched a movie - it's better than I'm describing it!!

So I rated it 2.5 in Letterboxd immediately after watching it, i enjoyed some bits of the movie, hated others and the bigger picture is perhaps it tries to be too clever by cramming everything in, a bit of stylistic editing could work wonders on this one... I get the feeling it might fare a better score on a re-watch?!

See Anguish

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]