View Single Post
Old 6th October 2015, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1967 part 2:

Bonnie and Clyde - Classic biopic about the two infamous outlaws. One of the first in the New Hollywood or American New Wave genre. Jack Warner apparently hated the movie.

Frankenstein Created Woman - Review: Frankenstein Created Woman (1967)

The Magnificent Two - Morcambe & Wise star in their third and last big screen picture, and like their two earlier attempts this fails because their brand of comedy cant stretch to an hour and half. They're fine at the short comedy sketch but not feature length outings.

Belle De Jour - Forget '50 Shades of Grey' this French picture is far more sexy and erotic.

Follow That Camel - The second 'Carry on' picture not to have the 'Carry on' moniker. This was Phil Silvers one and only Carry on. Great stuff!

Carry On Doctor - Originally concieved to be the last 'Carry On' This fifteenth entry into the franchise brings us back to the medical profession. It was also mean't to bring to an end the 'Doctor' series of films produced by Betty E Box, wife of Carry On producer Peter Rodgers. A portrait of James Robertson Justice hangs in the hospital foyer as the hospitals founder. However neither franchise would end here. All the usual carry on members are here bar one or two.

Django Kill!...If You Live, Shoot! - One of the many spaghetti westerns that tried to cash in on Sergio Corbucci's classic which starred Franco Nero. However this has nothing to do with the gunslinger other than the title, (outside of Italy). Starring Tomas Milian this movie ran into problems with both the Italian censors as well as the British ones.

The Last Killer - Another 'Django' cash in movie although this one does actually have a 'Django'.

Branded to Kill - I'm none to sure whether this is mean't as a drama or a comedy. I thought I was going to be in for something special but it really didn't seem that way to me.

Day of Anger - Review: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cul...day-anger.html

The Vengeance of Fu Manchu - Christopher Lee returns as the villanous Oriental. Here he plans to take his revenge on Nayland Smith by replacing the Inspector with a doppleganger and kidnapping the real one. Its a so-so caper.

Cool Hand Luke - Finishing off 1967 with a prison drama that won George Kennedy an Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. Its star, Paul Newman lost out to Rod Steiger for Best Actor. Features the classic scene where Newman's character eats fifty eggs within an hour.