View Single Post
Old 26th October 2015, 02:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Just got back from the cinema after seeing Jodorowsky's Dune. I really enjoyed it, I can tell as much because upon getting home all I want to do is find out more about it!

After a quick intro to Jodo, as he likes to be called we find out, it launches headlong into the historical pre-production of Dune. How he came up with his dream-team crew and how he wrote the screenplay and fully storyboarded all 90 scenes!

His enthusiasm is contagious and everyone involved seems to be just as enthusiastic. Interviews with Giger, Giraud and his producer Seydoux are all in depth and interesting.

It's a shame it never got made, but it's a good excuse to go back to his canon of work and re-watch El Topo, Holy Mountain and Santa Sangre.

Has anyone seen Dance of Reality?
I adored The Dance Of Reality, probably my favourite film of the year. On the face of it it's typical Jodorowsky, plenty of symbolism and oddness, the main female character sings her way through the film for example, but there's also a lot of heart, it's actually quite moving and it looks wonderful.

Jodorowsky is 86 years of age and still making films as vibrant as The Dance Of Reality. Jodorowsky is currently filming the follow up, Endless Poetry, which again is autobiographical.