View Single Post
Old 27th October 2015, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Guys this was a few pages back but i didn't respond as i was attending 'The school of Keirarts: How to review the shit out of the Halloween series and make fourm users want to buy the set!'

After re buying a ton of Halloween on Feebay i had time to respond to a few comments a few pages back -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Personally i think My Bloody Valentine is excellent. Suspenseful and full of great kills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Me too, much better than the original
Guys i don;t know what to say about this, the film looked like a dud but having said that you must remember that my all time top movie is Dawn of the Dead and most folks think that's wank. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Personaly i think we need more writers like Stephen King where their imagination is of the wtf scale.
Because if we didnt have people like him so many films wouldnt be made
I mean what normal mind would think of Human centipede.?
David cronenberg a prime example especialy with films like videodrome.
Or some of the j horrors
Personally imo todays film writers etc are lacking these people imagination and we need someone to come along and make something new and fresh, yes occasional get odd films that comes along, but if we had more like them then we wouldn't have to rely on reboots, remakes, and.? V? Because lets be fair the film industry is running out of ideas for something new and fresh. And is churning out the same old rubbish.
Gag i love your replies but mate if you think Stephen King is a good representative of an 'Original' Writer i think we have a disagreement. I like King's work and hopefully that was reflected in my review of 'Thinner' but he isn't revolutionizing the world of literature in the same way that best selling singer Katy Perry isn't revolutionizing the world of song writing. selling lots of stuff doesn't always mean you are peddling something unique. I agree that we should encourage all writer and film makers to push the boundaries, Bryan Fuller's Hannibal is incredible and you won't find a man who loves Thomas Harris's original stories more than me. As for human centipede, there's no argument that would make me want that releasing, some things don;t need to be seen and that is one of them. But again i understand freedom of expression so i wouldn't protest human centipede but it sure would make me re think your invitation to my wedding if i knew you owned it on dvd. HAHAHA!

Mate you're brilliant and i'm just happy anyone actually read my reviews so thanks for the feedback.