View Single Post
Old 7th December 2015, 06:33 PM
Cult Addict

Bridge of spies

So on Saturday I decide to go for a quick jaunt to Lancaster. Cue large scale flooding I discover I'm trapped. I make my way to morecambe where I can actually get an affordable hotel and after booking myself in decide to go see this. Well it was pretty good, what you would call a slow burner with a terrific script and some of Spielbergs best direction. However 10:30, right before the films ending the power fails.. and does not come back. Things started going a little crazy in the Hurricane that's outside so I head back to my hotel and huddle in the dark with sounds of chaos outside. Fellow guests decide to go on a rampage at this point looking for candles. The next morning the power is still off, nothings open. Needing food I walk the 3 1/4 miles into Lancaster to discover the same problems. I score a carrier bag full of pork scratchings, crisps, diet coke and head up through the chaos to the train station. Mobile phone signals are weak to non existent. I get to the train station and discover... no trains, Cumbria is underwater so no chance of getting home today. Ah well, I head back into Lancaster and hit up a Salvation Army truck for Hotdogs. I then head up to the Cathedral at the top of the hill, about the only place that has mobile signals and get through to my mum. with a little cunning I have her book a hotel online and have the confirmation sent to my phone. When the hotel staff are hesitant to let me in I thrust the text in their face and say 'booked!' Room sorted I head back into the city. I discover a chemists open that lets me buy some vitamin supplements, a polish shop where I buy some sausage and cheese and locate a bar thats still operating. I spend the best part of the day in the beer garden having an impromptu picnic. The bar runs out of beer and night falls, still no power. More shady folk in the city and no lights so I head back to the hotel and hide out until morning. Managed to get home this morning. Still want to know what the hell happened at the end of the film. Tonight I shall watch Eli Roths Knock knock and will probably hate it.