View Single Post
Old 13th December 2015, 05:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Prometheus (2012)

Despite liking all the Alien films (Not including the awful Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem) i wouldn't call myself a huge fan of any of them so was in no rush to see Ridley Scott's return to his old stamping ground, the planet LV-223, first seen in his original Alien. I was happy to let the furore, gossip and spoilers lapse from my memory and taking it from there.

I must say i really enjoyed Prometheus. I found it intelligent, occassionally creepy and often quite compelling. Michael Fassbender's android was the star of the show but he had serious competition from Noomi Rapace. The sequence where she removes the alien parasite from her abdomen is an icky body horror treat.

Visually the film is superb. Both the planet and the crashed space craft are brilliantly realized. It was good to delve into some of the hows and why's of Giger's imagery from the very first film and find out a little about them.

Despite having a central theme of creation i didn't feel the film got bogged down with it, nor did it irritate me. The film also asked a lot of questions it didn't bother to answer but again i was enjoying the ride and this also wasn't as irritating as it could be on a second viewing perhaps.

As for the very last scene - it's what we waited for all along.
Good review Dem. I actually think Prometheus is better than Ridleys original Alien.