View Single Post
Old 13th December 2015, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love Prometheus. I was rather iffy about it when Scott said he was going to answer what the Space Jockey was about as I felt that would only ruin the mystery behind the Xenomorph. Instead, Prometheus used that answer to raise a ton more questions - such as the creepy thought of humanity as being a plaything by a higher being (which ties in nicely with the film's title).

I do have issues with the film though - namely the infamous moment in which the geologist / mapmaker and biologist get lost; and how the film feels like it's caught between two ratings (I'm guessing that Ridders was pushing for a hard R while Fox were hoping for the PG-13). Also, the pacing is kind of off.

Still, Prometheus is something that is becoming rarer and rarer these days: a blockbuster that isn't afraid to bring up hard questions and move in a different direction from the established series.

Can't wait for Alien: Covenant. Judging by Scott's recent comments, it looks like Fox are going for the R rating.