Old 8th January 2016, 12:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Raw meat placed on torso's for one.
Exactly!

I'd actually be inclined (if presented with the option) to choose to watch The Gore Gore Girls over Seven Samurai 99% of the time. Yes: Seven Samurai is a classic film that I'd urge people with even the smallest interest in cinema to check out (gorgeous cinematography, the much referenced/homaged/copied plot blah blah blah), but I in no way consider it the masterpiece that most self-confessed film fans do. I actually find it to be over melodramatic - and dare I say it - even boring and a little silly in places (in an out of place kind of way before people start questioning my sanity even more so than they may be doing already what with me complaining in terms of silliness in one breath whilst discussing a HGL film in another! ). In comparison, yes, The Gore Gore Girls is trashy and was probably made for the price of a TV dinner but it's damn fun, entertaining, and for me, holds more re-watch value than Seven Samurai, which is why I own it and don't own and will probably never own SS, which in itself is one of those 'must watch' classics that has been ticked off the watchlist.