View Single Post
Old 10th January 2016, 06:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Whilst very well-acted it was a little dull at times and overly long to the extent that I found myself 'clock-watching' in places - an equivalent of a 6/10 score is far from a dud by my way of thinking though. I also recently watched Inherent Vice, which although attracted a higher score (the equivalent of 7/10) from me also seemed lower than the general majority of folks who have watched it. I have yet to see a post-2000 PTA film that has really wowed me... although There Will Be Blood did come close.
I was gripped by The Master, due to the compelling characters, utterly bizarre situations, and (possibly intentional) similarities to Scientology. It's one I keep meaning to buy but haven't yet done so, probably because I'm always playing catch up with my watchlist and buying other things compulsively.

Inherent Vice was extremely weird, but in a good way, and I probably need to watch it a couple of times on consecutive days to figure out what exactly is going on!

I found There Will Be Blood to be a mesmerising film with great performances, incredible cinematography and, from Jonny Greenwood, one of the best soundtracks this century. I saw it at the cinema and absolutely loved it, and have seen it probably five times since, taking something new from the film each time.