View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:16 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I need some Franco help.
I've seen three of his films now, I first saw Vampyros Lesbos and Count Dracula about 20 years ago and thought they were 'odd' but I recently got the Severin BDs of Lesbos and She Killed... which I loved. Viewing them as an adult with a more matured taste I appreciated them for being bonkers.

I've bought the Stephen Thrower book which will be arriving today and I'll delve into that after I've done some homework after work.

My question is though, where do I go from here having seen;
Count Dracula
She Killed in Ecstasy
Vampyros Lesbos

There are a few Redemption BDs I could pick up and they're pretty cheap.
Discovering Jess Franco is quite an experience Justin.

A good experience though. I think i've run the full gamut of emotions whilst watching his work. From being gripped on the edge of my seat to holding my head in my hands in despair at his camera zooms.

I started off buying the two Franco box sets released by Anchor Bay in the early 00's. Sadly i think these are out of print and some of the films are cut.

Which films were you looking at?

As you probably know his genres vary wildly from the erotic to horror to action adventure to, well anything really. If you want some suggestions then feel free to ask. I have around 50* of his films on dvd and am always on the look out for more.

*Oddly She Killed in Ecstasy isn't one of them.