View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here's my list -

Mondo Cannibal – I much prefer Mattei's shameless rip off of 'Cannibal Holocaust' to the real thing. MC is a disjointed fever dream where a badly made european soap opera collides with cheap sleaze and gore.

The Long Island Cannibal Massacre – By back yard 8mm auteur Nathan Schiff. It's totally grungey, and has an awesome climax featuring a bunch of dainty looking nine year olds munching on a guys intestines.

Blood Feast – Did any actual cannibalism go down in this one? OK, not 'actual cannibalism', but you know what I mean. It's got cannibalism by intent, anyway.

The Cannibal Man – I'm sure this film is pretty well known to labbers, but it still needs to be seen more often. It's not what many might think ie exploitative and gore-heavy – rather, it's subdued, down beat and atmospheric, maybe closer to something like 'Repulsion' even in that it tells the tale of an isolated individual's descent into madness.

Weekend – Jean Luc Goddard's fable of societal disintegration has some hippie cannibalism in it.

The Untold Story – Sick and sleazy Cat 3 'fun' with a latter day Sweeney Todd and his dumpling shop.

Frightmare – Pete Walker's classic needs no introduction, but good evidence that cannibalism was possible in stodgy beige era seventies England.

Dahmer – I remember really liking this, although I haven't seen it for years. Stylish and slightly arty take on the Milwaukee Cannibal's life and times.

The Forest – No-one ever seems to like this film! It's a grindhouse relic (although I think it was made in the early eighties) and features a lonely old cannibal in a cave and his two ghost children. It's great!

Warlock Moon – Yet more seventies grindhouse era horror which, I seem to recall, has an undercurrent of cannibalism. Can't remember how explicit it is, but the film itself is great, with a detached, creepy atmosphere.