View Single Post
Old 24th February 2016, 10:16 AM
Cult Don

Cannibal Films, eh?

Something for us to get our teeth into*

*Please don't use my forum log-in again, Uncle Forry!!!!

Lets see how I get on with this:

1: Cannibal Holocaust - Powerful and disturbing. Hideous, yet beautiful. It doesn't matter what you think of this film, it HAS to be at the top of the list. It is a film that everyone should see once in their lives, because they are never going to see anything like it again [Note: By 'beautiful', I mean the actual film-making techniques that are used, rather than what is being shown]

2: Cannibal Ferox - Possibly more violent than 'Holocaust', but what it provides in gore, it loses in subtlety. (Probably the only time 'Cannibal Holocaust' and 'subtle' are going to be used in the same sentence!)

3: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - The antithesis of the above titles. The cannibalism in 'Chainsaw' is so understated that many people missed it. Reminds me of a lovely dish I had on a San Antonio...

4: Motel Hell - "It takes all kind of critter, to make Farmer Vincent's fritter"!

5: Cannibal Apocalypse - So, cannibalism is a virus that is passed on by a bite, eh?

6: Blood Feast/Blood Feast 2 - Lumped in together are the original 'extreme' cannibal film, and the remake-cum-sequel. Yes, they are laughably bad and ineptly made, but they have a certain je ne sais quoi about them that makes them irresistible

7: Doctor x (1933) - Yes, it's old, black & white and creaky, but it is also very effective. I saw it on television as a young child, and it scared the living heck out of me

8: Doctor Who: Paradise Towers - Tilda and Tabby, who want to eat Bonnie Langford. Maybe they should have done!

9: Three...Extremes/Dumplings - Eating foetus' keeps you looking young. Look, it's a girl thing, ok? Mind you, if you can't find a foetus, use a skinned rabbit instead (cf 'Anthropophagus')

10: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - My curve-ball title. Hey - Meatloaf gets eaten. (I could have included 'Deep Throat' because most of the male cast members get eaten, but I thought that would be distasteful!)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty