View Single Post
Old 26th March 2016, 07:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Lynch Mob (2010)

The FBI release a paedophile into witness protection in return for info on bringing down a notorious mob boss. Unfortunately for all involved they move him to the rural town of Lynchburg, Georgia. A small community with a terrible secret - a centuries old curse that turned the inhabitants into flesh eating cannibals.

Lynch Mob is a film that takes in a lot of genres and in places does have a Soprano's feel to it, along with some strong brutality, gratuitous nudity, a child molester as a twisted anti-hero, topped off with the living dead, and combines it all into a brilliantly entertaining piece of low budget cinema. A fine script, which is extremely witty in places, and well written characters ensure you are drawn into things from the first minute and the tightness and pacing keeps you involved throughout.

I've seen a few low budget gems recently but i can honestly say none have been as thoroughly entertaining as this.

Highly recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
LYNCH MOB – Quite a fun indie horror which pitches mobsters against the cannibalistic denizens of a small hamlet. In probable homage to '2000 Maniacs', the latter are undead ghosts because of an ancient curse cast against them for being horrible slave murderers back in the day. A creepy mob informer whose taste for torture is one of his more wholesome predilections is hiding out in the small, small town... pretty soon he realises that if he wants to keep alive it's not just the cops who he has to strike deals with. 'Lynch Mob' goes on for a bit long, but doesn't feel too padded. There's lots of splatter, most of it quite effective. The tone is darkly comedic but doesn't strain too far in the direction of broad laughs, which would always be a temptation with this kind of material. Nice to see Tony Darrow playing true to form again. I'm always a bit disappointed that he never quite manages to match what must've been the pinnacle of his career, the 'Street Trash' end credits theme. “I'm gonna eat your fockin' eyeballs like grapes” he sang back then, and sadly 'Lynch Mob' isn't a musical (although it could've been a pretty good one), but even so I'm pretty sure at least someone here gets their eyeballs munched at some point, or failing that some other part of their anatomy. Worth checking out.
We both enjoyed it, Frankie.