View Single Post
Old 29th March 2016, 10:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

I split mine up into two because when I saw witchcraft, I wanted to do a list of just witches, but witches in various variations, whether it be a stretch or classic or regional (Coraline being a bedlam, old term for witch, but still one of the scariest I've seen), where as when I read occult, I think the practice of witchcraft, or stuff to do with the devil and hell.

Whilst Harker's suggestions stray from the typical, I'm loving that some of them technically fit and would make a great topic for a piece of writing, because whilst the Evil Dead is usually considered a zombie movie, with instances of dead characters coming back to life and the title itself, it's technically occult, as it involves witchcraft and incantations bringing demons to this realm which in turn possess people. If you just said that on it's own, without any attachment to the Evil Dead, wouldn't that bring occult to mind immediately?

Vampires usually fall into their own genre however and I haven't seen any vampire films that focus prominently on the occult.

Peppa Pig on the other hand....

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga