View Single Post
Old 30th March 2016, 08:09 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I keep saying, character motivation was the biggest problem. And not just Lex, its not that his plans didn't make sense, there just wasn't a reason for him to do the things he did. I struggled more with Batmans inexplicable desire to destroy Superman. I completely get his concerns about Supes powers and the risk to the world but not to the extreme it was taken. If he'd have wanted to develop a weapon as a back up in case that would have made perfect sense. But he just had a death wish for him which didn't make sense to me. Another thing that was a bit of a shambles i thought was the geography of the film. Metropolis and Gotham seem to just be splodged together. There was nothing to really define one from the other which meant the climax of the film felt a bit all over the shop. I really hope the extra thirty minutes flesh things out a bit and Snyder doesn't just add a load more bigbaddaboom!
Oh and the Aquaman cameo...erm its a bit shit? Was i meant to laugh out loud?
Half the stuff in its baffling when you consider all Lex really had to do was kidnap Martha Kent and supes, rather than zoom in and save her with speed and x-ray vision would simply do exactly what Lex said. All the other stuff he did to make supes look bad seemed pointless in retrospect unless it was simply to make batman more concerned about him, enough to want to kill him. The you just need to point out that Batman is one of the smartest guys on the planet and should be able to figure out when he's being played.