View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2016, 03:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Outpost: Rise of the Spetsnaz (2013)

Origins film that takes place before the first two films in the series. This British effort utilizes the same set as part two due to the fact that director Kieran Parker served as producer on the others and didn't want to waste the admittedly great set.

Obviously a quite cheap production but you wouldn't really know it as it's all professionally made with good use of German military equipment. Where it fell down for me was in it's darkness. The film was totally lit in dark green hues which often turned black probably to create atmosphere, but all it said to me was 'Surely even mad Nazi scientists need light to work in!'.

Whilst the film was fast, violent and nicely frenetic the story was just too basic to really capture my imagination meaning along with the darkness that pervades each and every scene it never held much interest.

I must admit the script did feature one of the coolest put downs i've heard in ages.

Quote:
I don't know what cursed thing your mother ****ed under a full moon but she owes us all an apology.
Try Frankenstein's Army instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outpost-III530.jpg (85.8 KB, 2 views)