View Single Post
Old 14th April 2016, 06:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
These so called children's shows, Children if the Stones and the like, ate they seriously worth my time?
Eh... it depends I guess.

I assume a lot of people purchase them for nostalgia sake but I took a punt on a few from the descriptions and I'm generally interested in a lot of things '70s; classic Britishness, the occult, paganism, flared trousers etc. so for me they were a safe-ish bet.

Some are better than others though. The Children of the Stones and The Owl Service are really good in my opinion. Enter the Labyrinth is pretty good but fairly repetitive (the third series is also a bit of a chore but you can at least muddle through and with it being a children's show it's far from taxing or lengthy).

One thing I would say though it really hi-lights how shite and dumbed down children's TV is nowadays when you look at shows like these which try to shoe-horn in history, science, mathematics etc. into an often decent script with some solid acting performances too. Viewers had less choice in those days though so I guess the quality had to be higher whereas today any shite will do...