View Single Post
Old 16th November 2009, 04:38 PM
Cultist in Training

42street, you hit the nail on the head with your description of it being a powerful film. I don't have to have seen it to know that. I don't think any film still causes so many arguments so long after it's release! That is why, particularly as a fan of horror, it has always been a problem for me. Part of me wants to see the (fake) gore (what horror fan wouldn't want to see the effects that were so gruesome, that some people actually believed it was real), yet the rest of me says "No!!! They killed animals to make this!!". And it's why, years later, I still haven't seen it. I don't find myself stuck in a quandary over the movie (ie : should I, shouldn't I?), I know period, that I'm unlikely to change my views on watching Holocaust. But I cannot deny that it holds a strange curiosity to me. But thats more down to it's infamy, not me just being a sick puppy. Hence my mention of seeing a 'animal cruelty free' version. And on hindsight, I totally appreciate how hypocritical that does sound.