View Single Post
Old 9th June 2016, 04:44 PM
Cult Don

I used to get VHS bootlegs from someone who advertised in the small ads of 'The Dark Side' magazine, back in the 80's

He used to charge £15 for two films on a 180 minute tape

I got copies of (amongst others) 'The Exorcist', 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', 'The Beyond', 'Cannibal Holocaust' (which was a Japanese release, with heavy pixilation over the sex scenes and a very saturated red colour over the violent scenes, making it impossible to watch!), 'Nekromantik' (in the German language, with no subtitles)

He was also do 'tasters' - if there was any space left on the end of a tape, he would include scenes from other films. I had my first experience of 'The Guinea Pig' series and 'Faces Of Death' this way

As well as films, he also offered illegal drugs and steroids thru the post as well, but I ignored them. I was only interested in the film

Sadly, he got busted by the police, and was taken to court so obviously his trading days came to an end...and my mum was terrified that one day there would be a knock at the door, and the plod would be waiting to question me about owning illegal films!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty