View Single Post
Old 10th July 2016, 03:15 PM
Cult Addict

Ninth configuaration

Looking lovely on Blu-ray, william peter blatty's meditation on faith and the existance of god is still an odd bird even after numerous views. There are no definitive cuts of the film but the one here comes closest to the best version. Its a comedic, almost absurdist film that also strays into exteme grief and trauma that can also feel a little heavy. Its set in a strange gothic castle somewhere in America, a place that cannot exist and feels like a setting to a traditional gothic horror where a new doctor played by Stacey Keach comes to take charge. I don't want to say too much for those who haven't seen it but I would definitely reccomend checking it out.

Warcraft

Wile not as confusing, messy or disjointed as the execrable Batman V superman this sword and sorcery 'epic' relies too much on a knowledge of the game and can feel a little confusing to someone who has wandered in knowing nothing. characters wander in and out of the plot and I would genuinely struggle to explain who half of them are. The effects are problematic in places and actually took me out of the film in places. Plus when you realise your being sold the trailer to a franchise its a little irritating. I wish they had removed some of the characters, thrown some T&A in its place and sold it as a throwback to some of the corman era trash classics.