View Single Post
Old 19th July 2016, 02:32 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Cool is probably a bit like a funny, inasmuch as it is very subjective.

That said, you have no arguments about Charlie Croker from me. Others who popped in mind are Marlon Brando in The Wild One, James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, Steve McQueen in Bullitt (and The Great Escape), Brad Pitt in Fight Club, Bill Murray in Ghostbusters, Christina Ricci in The Opposite of Sex (and The Addams Family), Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones movies, Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's and Sigourney Weaver in Alien (and the sequels).
However, bear in mind that this is a list of cool moments as opposed to cool characters though.

Just because a character could be classed as 'cool' it doesn't necessarily mean that you could name a cool scene with them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If you honestly don't know then i'd sit this one out then. Only you would be this awkward.

To me a cool movie moment is something you'll never forget. A part of a film, not necessarily our favourite films, but a moment you loved, or a moment that defined your love for films.

Great description.

I think the term 'cool' is muddying the waters a little and if people maybe think of it more as their greatest, stand-out, or their most favourite moments/scenes in cinema then I think they could easily post a list (*cough* Suzi )