Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Suicide squad well i for one have no interest it in,
Tbh 99% of superheroe films have no interest to me,
For simple reason is they seem to be a let down to me so just dont bother anymore
Ive said before (probably) say again todays film have no real soul passion and atmosphere in the characters or film itself like they use to be, any supeeman film since the originals with Christopher reeve have all been garbage to me,
Go back to the old style of film making where the film are interesting, and its not all about action hype, ott, budget, cgi, actors, etc etc,
Sorry but i also hated Mad max Road Fury for lots of reasons, the green screen in some scenes was obvious, there was one explosion towards back end of the film the cgi was pathetic and obvious, the film to me was like a travelling circus that wanted more, huge, loud, ott, action to wow its viewers, instead of being a film.
Sadly thats how most films Hollywood, Blockbuster films are these days, concentrate more on a film being a film instead of what you can throw at it to wow the audience.
I'd be interested in knowing how many of the recent Marvel, DC, and other 'superhero' films you have seen. Most of them devote a lot of time to characterisation and interplay between the characters – the exchanges between characters like Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Natasha Romanov are why I enjoy the Marvel movie so much, and the same goes for the constant breaking of the fourth wall and self-referential dialogue in Deadpool.

I wasn't as keen on Mad Max Fury Road as the first two Mel Gibson movies, but really enjoyed the action sequences because of the lack of green screen and visual effects. They did use visual effects, but those mostly enhanced what had already been filmed, slightly altered the colour palette, added extra fire/smoke, or slightly altered the scenery in which the real car chase(s) was found.

That said, it is one of several recent action movies – Jason Bourne is another – in which there is not much dialogue from the principal actor so the film can be more easily dubbed/subtitled and sold to localities such as South America and China.