View Single Post
Old 10th August 2016, 11:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Playing catch up # 3

Dracula 2000 (2000)

Where to start with Dracula 2000? I have to say it would be easy to hammer this newish (it's now 16 years old) take on the classic Bram Stoker story. Brought kicking and screaming into the modern day for the youth of today, Dracula 2000 owes little to the classic Gothic horror films of the past. Gone is the atmosphere of old and wham-bam here is The Matrix style action.

Starring Gerard Butler as Dracula, Christopher Plummer as Van Helsing, Johnny Lee Miller and Justine Waddell as the object of Dracula's desires, not to mention the delectable Jennifer Esposito and Jeri Ryan as vampiric brides, the film, Plummer aside, is horribly miscast in comparison to the films we all know and love.

In fact it really doesn't have an awful lot going for it. Except somehow, whilst you are watching it, it's actually diverting and quite entertaining in it's attempt to modernize a classic. However it's also completely forgettable come the next day.

Despite my misgivings Dracula 2000 is an ambitious failure that i do enjoy from time to time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dracula_two_thousand.jpg (61.4 KB, 2 views)