View Single Post
Old 5th September 2016, 05:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default jason-x

Jason X (2001)

In the grand scheme of good film ideas,Im sure the writer Todd Farmer thought this was a beauty,Jason Voorhees in outer space,and Im sure the men in suits thought this would be the ultimate way of re-booting the slightly flagging franchise. And you can not really fault its optimism that this was some how going to relight Jason's fire after the some what lacklustre Jason Goes To Hell, (which was basically a rip off of the film The Hidden,not a bad film just poorly executed,and who could not love the Freddy glove at the end). Jason X does need a major leap of disbelieve in its story line,well no more than any of the other films in the series I suppose,Jason a super zombie is being recruited into the army by Dr. Wimmer (David Cronenberg),only Rowan (Lexa Doig) wants the mummy's boy cryogenic frozen. Of course things go wrong,people get killed and Jason and Rowan get frozen together in sickness and a machete in the guts.445 years later hey presto a landing party arrive and the two are rescued and taken aboard the rescuers spaceship and hopefully will be returned to Earth Two,not yet knowing who there special guest is. Once the novelty of the outer space setting has worn off, its just the usual over sexed teenagers getting slaughtered in various different ways scenario we have come to know and love .There are a few nice ideas thrown into the mix, like the virtual reality hologram of Crystal Lake,where Jason gets to kill some nubile campers,also the medical station that can rebuild body parts and unfortunately for the crew re-build Jason into a bigger and better Cyber Jason .Really silly and so far removed from the series that I sometimes wonder if I had actually dreamed the film,but no it does exist. Not a favourite of mine from the series,but you have to forgive it,for being such a goof-ball idea,and the fact they actually made it. And since Jason is a hockey fan, when are we gonna see Jason Vs The Mighty Ducks,Id love to see Emilio Estevez get a a good kicking from Mr Jason Voorhees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jason-x-poster.jpg (100.6 KB, 0 views)