View Single Post
Old 7th September 2016, 10:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You're watching the wrong films! They tend to be better (quality wise) I've found if they are from continental or Eastern Europe – including Turkey – and are subtitled.
Cheers but im not, hence did say hate most Hollywood/Blockbuster films so cos i have a disliking for them i generally avoid or dont watch them, has to really grab me nowadays, love watching korean and j horror, and subtitled films in general.

Point what im trying to say is these type of films even if good are are pretty poor by todays standards, compared to how films use to be. I think Hollywood etc gone down hill in film standards (dont get me wrong still some fantastic films about) that its become the norm for a film to be rubbish or for you to be disappointed.

Years ago going video shop you could spend a hour trying to find what to watch because so many films took youre fancy and bob told you so and so film was good, you would wade through lots of good films to find a bad one,
Nowadays most people complain so and so film rubbish, you watch more films that you dislike one way or other to find one that you really like.
Hence why a higher % of most film collections consists of older films from years ago or before year 2000, with odd exception of j horror and french korean etc films
But im mainly talking about Blockbuster / Hollywood films in general, not the whole film industry etc
There is some fantastic films out there to be found you just have to stray a little from mainstream.

Last edited by gag; 7th September 2016 at 11:12 PM.