View Single Post
Old 20th September 2016, 01:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Exactly - which is great in a lot of ways as even though you may sometimes disagree with people's list choices it makes for some good variety to see how individuals classify certain films when these topics are announced.

I've always detested rigid genre classification and am very flexible in terms of how I classify films, especially horror as I see so many facets within the genre.

To use your examples above, I would have no qualms putting The Thing, The Fly or Re-Animator in a horror or sci-fi list as each film exhibits large doses of both genres.

As for your question regarding The Thing, my old DVD used to be classified under the letter 'T' when I used to arrange my collection alphabetically, but now the Blu lies under 'U' for Universal as I arrange my Blu collection alphabetically by distributor.

I could never arrange by genre as too many films have too much cross-over and would be a nightmare to organise.
By distributor?

Wow!!!

What happens if you can't remember who distributed a film? I suppose you have to look it up online.