View Single Post
Old 25th September 2016, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Striking Distance (1993)

Bruce Willis stars as a Pittsburgh cop demoted to river patrol after an internal affairs investigation into police brutality in which he denounced his partner. Blah, blah, blah. Basically it's Bruce hunting a serial killer on the Pittsburgh rivers.

A film i'd seen once previously on vhs and didn't think much of it as i recall. However last night i really enjoyed it. Featuring a good cast of character actors - Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore, John Mahoney, Tom Atkins and Brion James - as well as the oft maligned Sarah Jessica Parker (whom i thought looked really pretty here) who all complement Willis well especially Parker as his river cop partner.

At 95 minutes it's quite short and the action flows well following a pacy script as it twists and turns with the river. Despite it being a story of murder and police corruption it never gets bogged down or convoluted with either and the action scenes ensure it all remains lively.

As far as Bruce Willis' action thrillers go Striking Distance is no Die Hard, nor Die Hard 2 but it's a far superior vehicle to A Good Day to Die Hard.
Recommended.
Yeah, decent movie mate. Saw it on telly a few years back and as you say SJP looks mighty fine!