View Single Post
Old 12th October 2016, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post

"Amityville 3D"

I can't believe this film has a 0% rating on rotten tomatoes. What idiots have they got writing for them on that website. This film is no masterpiece I'll admit, but it's a good bit of trashy fun and it's entertaining the whole way through. Thoroughly enjoyable.

7.5/10
I actually gave this a watch a while ago. I thought it was a bit poor...

Quote:
The tagline read “WARNING: In this film, you are the victim!” They weren’t kidding as Amityville 3-D is an awful, awful, awful film. I cannot believe that Richard Fleischer (10 Rillington Place) directed this lifeless husk of a film.

Barring a rather creepy moment of a mother seeing her daughter climbing the stairs, despite the girl being dead outside, there is nothing of worth in this film. The script is atrocious, the director probably didn’t bother showing up at the set, the effects are woeful, the photography is wretched (the 3D filmmaking has resulted in very blurry looking film) and it launched Meg Ryan’s career.

There aren’t even any attempts at a scare. Instead it just cribs ideas from The Omen and Poltergeist. And that just sums up what’s wrong with this series. None of these films have an original idea or concept, nor can they bring something slightly different to the table. They’re just a marketing response to whatever was popular at the time. I say, avoid this series and watch the films it rips off or The House by the Cemetery or The Haunting or The Entity instead.