View Single Post
Old 17th October 2016, 07:13 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Film No.15

download.jpg

Mr Trelkovsky cannot believe his luck when a apartment in the centre of Paris becomes available to rent even when he learns that the previous tenant attempted suicide by jumping from the window. Trelkovsky feels compelled to go and visit the woman in hospital but when she dies he feels a strange connection to her even after only one meeting. Its not long until Trelkovsky is left feeling isolated and bullied in his apartment.The landlord enforces extremely strict rules upon him about staying out too late or making any sort of noise no matter how slight. Trelkovsky starts to feel like his neighbours are trying to force him to do the same as the previous tenant and his mental state starts to deteriorate at an alarming rate constantly seeing people standing in the bathroom used by all the other tenants in the apartment for hours on end not moving a muscle just staring out the window is this really happening or is this a sign of his mental health.

I feel a strange connection to this film i remember my first apartment it was a beautiful place right in the centre of town but the building had many strange characters in it. I was living on the top floor and for the first few weeks i lived there the lady living underneath me would come to my door almost every night to complain about the noise but each time i would open the door she would say oh it was not you im sorry before i would even say anything or she would even give herself a chance to give me her own complaint. Apartments were getting broken into because the building's front door was broken for a few weeks. Being a young man out on my own for the first time i had that same feeling of isolation and paranoia. The Tenant does a great job of getting into your mind and playing on the fears that everyone has experienced or will experience at some point in their lives. At times some of the scenes are stupid with some really annoying characters especially Trelkovsky friends but there is an uneasy feeling throughout.

7/10