View Single Post
Old 18th October 2016, 05:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Last night i watched a couple of films i've reviewed before.

The Pumpkin Karver (2006)

Although this has a mighty score of 3.2/10 on IMDB i rather enjoy this Halloween set slasher and tend to give it an airing each October. It's got a decent budget and has some fun murders including a poor chap who ends up on the sharp end of a farm drill with his intestines swirling round. Added to this is a decent cast of unknowns and a scary pumpkin masked killer...yeah! i like this one.

Satan's Little Helper (2004)

Jeff Lieberman's chilling tale of a boy who befriends a masked serial killer and knocks about with him on Halloween as he goes about terrorizing the neighbourhood.

This is a real favourite of mine. Fun to begin with it becomes more sinister as it goes on and perhaps offers the idea that today's kids are so unsensitized to violence due to tv and video games that they can't tell the difference between reality and what's on the tv screen in front of them. Katheryn Winnick looks sexy in her wench costume throughout and Amanda Plummer gives a typical Amanda Plummer turn until Satan get's hold of her and it all becomes ever so grim.

Top notch Halloween entertainment.