View Single Post
Old 25th October 2016, 10:19 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Zombie (1979)

This has long been my favourite zombie film and still is. However on watching Arrow's beautiful bells and whistles edition for the very first time last night (even though i've had it months) i did notice some glaring errors especially in continuity.

The first was the zombie fighting the shark. As he grapples with it the zombie clearly has lost his arm however in the next shot the shark bites it off. Secondly there's the mystery of Al Cliver's bloody shirt. When he cradles Auretta Gay's blood soaked corpse and stands up he has a small patch of blood near his arm pit. In the next scene his shirt is torn and covered in blood. When they reach the hospital the shirt is fairly clean again and not torn then reverts back to being blood soaked. Finally as our heroes begin to petrol bomb the zombies, the first is thrown followed by four more yet each one explodes in the same area showing no fire from the preceding bombs.

Also the shark fight itself. How come this zombie backs off from the shark and takes stances against it when all the other reanimated corpses just shamble along very slowly with no reaction to anything in their surroundings. Somebody should have told the shark wrangler how to act like the living dead perhaps?

Finally there's the poor reaction acting from the cast. As they walk into the room where Olga Karlatos is being eaten by a group of zombies, Ian McCulloch and Al Cliver don't even notice until one of the girls screams suggesting there wasn't actually anything happening in said room and it was two separate shots.In fact this happens more than once with poor reactions, thank god these guys never had to act with green screen. Probably best not to mention the films final shot either...

Zombie Flesh Eaters clearly isn't anywhere near perfect but i love it anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zombi-2-Zombie-flesh-eaters-poster.jpg (38.5 KB, 7 views)