View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2016, 05:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

V/H/S. (anthology time again)

The first thing that struck me was they were referencing the craze a few years back in the U.S. where rich white kids were getting hold of HD camcorders and committing crimes while filming themselves, such as breaking & entering, trashing houses and stupidly pretending to shoot at people while driving by in their own cars (you drive at 15 in the U.S.) so I got the idea of the plot and thought they did it quite well. But two things must be highlighted first of all, the shaky-stuttering camera work will piss you off within minutes and the second story (couple in hotel room) goes on far to long, I mean for-bloody-ever, I would imagine that's where most would give up on it, but the other tales...
A vampire babe, a woodland slasher and a very weird webcam themed story are really so much better than that second episode that they're worth putting up with or fast forwarding thru that dud 2nd tale, and that finale will be no surprise to horror fans but again it's done quite well. I must confess that me and my mate (he's a big fan of the film) plied ourselves with J.D. and tortilla chips on Halloween night and I have to say even with those faults above I thought it pretty good, we didn't get round to the sequel as neither of us are as young as we were and had to call it a night at 2am.

I would give it a solid 7/10, without the faults I'd be looking at an 8.