View Single Post
Old 19th November 2016, 02:38 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Bit different this one

I have just got the "Friday 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan" 10 disc dvd boxset from a charity shop for £2:00

Trouble is...it's a Region 1 release, so I will have to use a computer to convert it so that I can watch it

I already have parts 1 - 3 and 'Freddie Vs. Jason' on region 2, so my question is this: I don't really want to double up, so are the versions of these films in this boxset the same, or are they different versions (uncut, extended etc), and do they contain any extra features (other than the ones on the tenth disc)?

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There are no uncut or extended versions sadly. Part 3 has a commentary. However at only £2 for an extra 5 films i'm not sure what the problem is.
No problem as such, other than I didn't want to waste time and blank discs in the computer converting four films that I already have, if they are going to turn out to be exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There must be something different to my region one CL-M box set as it only has 9 discs. 8 films plus one disc of extras.
It seems that discs 1 - 9 are parts 1, 2, 3, 4: The Final Chapter, 5: A New Beginning, 6: Jason Lives, 7: The New Blood, 8: Jason Takes Manhattan, 9: Freddie Vs Jason (one disc) and disc 10 is the extras disc, which (according to the packaging) contains - The Friday 13th Chronicles (8 part featurette), Secrets Galore Behind The Gore (3 part featurette), Crystal Lake Victims Tell All, Tales From The Cutting Room Floor, Friday Artifacts And Collectables, Scary Trailers)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty