View Single Post
Old 8th December 2016, 12:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
What did you think? I was really unsure about what to expect and whether or not I would enjoy it, but loved the self-referential humour and action sequences. I know you don't normally bother with them, but both commentaries are well worth your time, with Ryan Reynolds full of information about the film and very engaging.
I'm still in two minds exactly whether I liked it or not, as although it was quite refreshing in many ways for a superhero film I don't think all of the humour necessarily worked and the film as a whole was still full of some of the tropes that it tried so hard to parody or mimic. Ryan Reynolds is really good as Deadpool though (in my opinion anyway seeing as I have no other frame of reference about the character having never read the comics) and despite my apparent less than enthusiastic response to it, I did enjoy it as a whole and I'd say that it was easily the best Marvel film I've seen in a long time (...which is not exactly hard though). The Stan Lee cameo was great too.

Plus, as you will no doubt expect, I'm in no way interested in checking out the commentaries.