View Single Post
Old 8th December 2016, 06:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 6

Dial: Help (1988)

Okay, honestly i don't really know what i just watched last night. Dial: Help from Ruggero Deodato appeared to be about a possessed telephone line that haunts lovely Charlotte lewis in her Rome apartment and even out in the underground.

Seriously this film is absurd and bizarre. It doesn't seem to have much cohesion to the narrative. The phone line in question makes harsh sounds in her home then kills her fish through sound, before long Lewis is attacked on the subway but her assailant is killed in typically gory Deodato fashion by coins flying out of a phone box. No wait... come back!

As the madness continues the phone line seems to possess Lewis making her change into sexy black lingerie before erotically attempting to drown herself in her bath water. She's then strapped down to a table in said lingerie by video tape as scissors menace her in a fetishistic fashion. As absurd as this all sounds i did rather enjoy Dial: Help. I'm not sure what Deodato was thinking as he made this film nor what he thought when he saw the end result but i did find the film a lot of fun to watch and feel it will either transport you to another plane of existence with it's weird and wonderful hallucinogenic qualities or you'll just turn it off as rubbish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dial-Help-DVD-Cover.jpg (45.6 KB, 2 views)