View Single Post
Old 11th January 2017, 03:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I read through the entire thread and I had a few thoughts about some of the posts made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
GIALLO is not a good film really, which is probably why he disowned it
My understanding is that Argento disowned Giallo because after shooting had completed, the producers took the footage and edited it together without any input from Argento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolahrock View Post
Will wait to see what the German release PQ is like. Too expensive for a risky pre-order though
The German blu-ray of Sleepless is censored due to violence. The Austrian blu-ray is uncut but out of print so it would take a bit of searching to find a copy. PQ is pretty good, a big step-up from dvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Phantom of the Opera last night for only the second time. I really enjoyed it and don't really know why people are so critical of it.
I think that Julian Sands gives quite a hammy performance in Phantom. Luckily watching it in Italian fixes that issue. There's quite a nice German bd which should sway opinions on the film. It suffers a little from black crush but is still recommended. Sound is Italian only (no English) but it does have English subtitles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killfinger View Post
Oops there's a giant pillar, CRUSH, oh well the witch is dead...
lol That moment in Mother of Tears has quite a significant effect when viewed at the cinema. Unfortunately it has to be seen on the big screen to properly appreciate it.