View Single Post
Old 15th January 2017, 03:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw La La Land at the cinema earlier today and absolutely loved it. The cinematography and music, both scored and played by Ryan Gosling, is wonderful and the film reminded me a little of The Artist which also, in a very different way, was a love letter to a bygone era of Hollywood. Both Gosling and Emma Stone are brilliant in the lead roles and there is a prominent supporting role for John Legend, who also wrote and performed a song in his role as the lead singer of a band.

The film certainly has similarities with Whiplash, the previous movie by writer/director Damien Chazelle, and there is a small role for J. K. Simmons which I thought was funny because his character is against jazz! It looks stunning with the 2.55:1 ratio which stretches out from a 1.33:1 opening to really expand the screen and the vibrant colours are a wonder to behold, so it is probably best seen at the cinema if you get the chance.
I'll probably go and see it again as I enjoyed so much. Everyone should go and see it even if you're not a fan of musical's