View Single Post
Old 27th January 2017, 04:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I actually sat in a cinema and watched this in '77, to me it's just another mid-late 70s dodgy film with major stars (Richard Burton!!!) that leaves you scratching your head and going "WTF was that?" tho I do find Heretic campy fun and had a crush on Ms. Blair at the time.
On the new Shout! Factory release of The Exorcist III, the interview with William Peter Blatty contains an anecdote of when he went to the cinema to see Exorcist II: The Heretic and when he began to "titter", something which gradually spread throughout the theatre until most of the audience were giggling if not laughing out loud at the ludicrous things on screen, such as James Earl Jones dressed as a locust.

Linda Blair, who would have been about 18 the time, looks beautiful in the film. That said, I think she looks great in most things and even like her appearances in Roller Boogie, Night Patrol, Chained Heat, Hell Night, Savage Island and Savage Streets which, apart from the first, led to nominations for the Golden Raspberry worst actress award, three of which (Night Patrol, Savage Streets and Savage Island) she won!