View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2017, 01:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Some different stories to track down on DVD. Obviously two of the best Baker stories have already been picked. Always enjoyed Tom Baker's opener, Robot.

Hartnell Era
----------------
An Unearthly Child
The Ark

Troughton Era
------------------

The Tomb of the Cybermen
The Web of Fear

Jon Pertwee Era
---------------------

The Green Death
Inferno

Tom Baker Era
------------------

Robot
The Talons of Weng-Chiang
The Seeds of Doom

Peter Davison Era
----------------------

The Awakening
Frontios
Mawdryn Undead
Black Orchid

Colin Baker Era
-------------------

Revelation of the Daleks
Mark of the Rani

Slyvester McCoy Era
-------------------------

The Greatest Show in the Galaxy
Survival
The Curse of Fenric

Those are the ones I would recommend to you.
Some interesting choices, Hivemind.

An Unearthly Child, first episode aside, i find a bit of a chore to get through. I'd have picked The Mutants (The Daleks), instead.

Talons is an obvious choice but i avoided that as the best release of the story is in a Revisitations set and would therefore cost more money. Robot i've always thought was just okay.

I watched The Awakening last week again. It still stands up. I remember when it was transmitted, i was sure it was a sequel to The Daemons. Mawdryn Undead is one of those stories i don't watch very often and is due a rewatch, Arc of Infinity falls into that category, in fact the whole season does, so i watched Arc over two nights this week... and thoroughly enjoyed it. Frontios is just brilliant.

I'd always choose Ghost Light as well as Fenric and Survival, not to mention Remembrance of the Daleks if asked about McCoy's adventures. Four very different stories that show how varied the show really is.

I've said before on here. Season 26 is probably my favourite season of Doctor Who. and as with everything is always about personal choice.