View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 04:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Watching phenomena audio commentary, very good but basically covers all the info covered in the documentaries on the first arrow dvd release. Reminds me of the commentary tracks on the universal monsters originals
I liked that Troy Howarth didn't hold back in his critique of the film. If he doesn't like something, he's not afraid to say so. Probably a bit annoying for hardcore fans of the film. His later analysis of the career of Dario Argento was also interesting - in short, he's not at all impressed by the majority of the 21st century work. Whilst I certainly didn't agree with his analysis, it was very entertaining.

I personally thought that it was an excellent commentary track - informative, engaging and most importantly of all, never boring. btw I didn't know that the close-up shot of pills dropping down throat (which is in Stendhal Syndrome) was originally meant to be shown in Phenomena. I actually briefly talked to Howarth on Facebook and complimented him on his track.

Looking forward to checking out his Stendhal one on the forthcoming BU blu-ray release.