View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 12:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Seeing as I have an exam in 2 days and are desperately procrastinating, not to mention finally getting email notifications from Cult Labs again, I thought I'd do this one.

Interesting to note that of all the wonderful original concepts, everything got beat out by my only 4 10 star horror films of the decade being 2 remakes and a sequel.

1. Evil Dead

Evil Dead already feels timeless and less of a remake, and instead more an Ash-less, less goofy sequel. I hated the idea of a remake so much during pre-production and production and ended up enjoying it more than Evil Dead 2.

2. Maniac

This is better than the original. I'm sorry Joe, but this was a clever, stylish and down right creepy film, where as the original just came across as too sleazy and at points, weird with the 4th wall breaking.

3. The Conjuring 2

High quality, freaky, blockbuster horror. I missed this being a thing. So many fantastic scares, threats and ideas.

4. It Follows
5. As Above So Below
6. The Conjuring
7. Blair Witch
8. Sinister
9. Don't Breathe
10. VHS 2

Honorable Mentions:
The Bay (Fantastic concept that just dragged too much at points)
Frankenstein's Army (So cheesy and broken concept (found footage from WWII? One camera knock/drop and it would be over), but clever fun with great design)

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga