View Single Post
Old 8th June 2017, 10:30 AM
Cult Addict

Lynch mob

Checked this out on the basis that it has Tony (street trash) Darrow in it. Basically the mobs go to guy for torture is both a sadist and a pederast with a taste for little girls. This rubs certain mob enforcers up the wrong way and leads to a falling out. After being captured trying to abduct a child the nonce decides to offer up the mob for his freedom. The FBI are at first reluctant to leave the monster on the streets but decide the opportunity is too good so they dump him in a safe house in the middle of nowhere. It turns out there are one or two locals in the area, they all seem to be under some kind of curse where they cannot be killed and have a craving for human flesh. Eventually the mob track down the snitch and things get bloody as the locals decide they fancy some 'italian'!
This is a low budget, incredibly trashy and utterly tasteless exploitation flick that relies on gratutious nudity and gore. As a result I found myself enjoying it somewhat. It helps that it's at least competently shot, if not competently acted and keeps things under the 90 minute mark to avoid boredom. Its also pretty cheap to get so worth a look.

Breeders

An odd little New york based riff on Humanoids from the deep where Aliens are abducting virgins for breeding purposes. There's no real reason to go beyond that as mainly thats it. It runs under 80 minutes and theres no real effort made to develop characters or plot. There is some genuinely gratuitous nudity in the picture including plenty of leering camera shots on breasts and one completely unnessesary naked exercise scene where a female victim strips off and begins doing her stretches right in her workplace as soon as people have left the room. She doesn't even bother locking the door! There are some half-decent effects in the film, mainly in the alien transformations from human to bug. The final villain wears a hideous sweater and the sight of the muppet alien wearing it cracked me up. 100% pure grade trash but entertaining.