View Single Post
Old 10th June 2017, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Ahem, Kill List was 2011...

Interesting list though - you clearly rate The Woman in Black far higher than I do. I still think that it's fairly effective but it suffers from jump-scare-itis at times, plus I found it hard to buy into the credibility of baby-faced Potter being a husband and father. Have you seen the TV movie from 1989? Worth a look if you haven't, and flawed though it is, I found it slightly more effective than Nu-Hammer's offering.

2012 was a pretty solid year though, plus there are plenty on your main list and honourable mentions that I've yet to see.
I agree that Daniel Radcliffe did take some perspective adjustment to accept in a more mature role. Probably because it was the first thing I'd seen him do after Barry Trotter. But i think its far more to do with us as the audience rather than him. If anything i think he pulled it off nicely and it was a great transition into adult roles. Probably helps that by the time he made WiB he was 23 and by then I'd been married a few years so accepting him as a husband wasn't problem.