View Single Post
Old 9th July 2017, 11:29 AM
Cult Rookie

Hi there.

I'm new to the forum and a relative newbie to Arrow Video releases (last 8 months). I've collected a good few in that time. I've been a horror film fan for as long as I can remember.

I have a question for people on here. Do you have an Arrow Video wish list and if so what would be in your top 10 wishes?

I know Arrow only seem to release cult cinema obscure films but I would like a few mainstream cult films (oxymoron I know) but you'll see what I mean:

The Shining - this film has been neglected with its many half-hearted releases in my opinion. There is so much lore behind this film and its enigmatic plot leaves different questions and conclusions each time. There could be hours of interviews and documentaries on the film alone. I'd love to see a proper Arrow special edition of it like the recent Argento special editions.

Near Dark - need I say any more?

The Hitcher - what a fabulous cult film - 80s synth horror/thriller classic - neglected to this point. They should do everything to get the rights to this and do it justice. Runaway Train was a similar film they released but even that is nowhere near as good as the Hitcher.

Breakdown with Kurt Russell - classic road thriller and it's got Kurt Russell - doesn't have a blu ray release yet

Dead Calm - I love that horror thriller

Blood Beach - the sand consuming people - very scary - no release as yet

Trapped (1989) - Employee locked in a high-rise shopping mall and office block at night with a crazed loon in pursuit - great late night thriller from the late 80s - no DVD or Blu Ray

IT - imagine a special edition of Stephen King's IT!!!

Poltergeist II - They've released TCM II and Psycho II - Poltergeist II is a classic and it features the uber scary Kane old man - Let Me In!!

Damien Omen II - an excellent sequel to the Omen

Halloween III Season of the Witch - saw this in the late 90s on TV and was SO disappointed to see there was no Michael Myers - but it really grew on me once I got over that - very creepy stand-alone classic.

I have probably forgotten lots of others but I would really love to see the above given the treatment they deserve.

What do you think?